mercredi 31 août 2016

Towing: What Authorization is Required Before Towing from Private Property

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Tennessee

Hi, I was wondering what constitutes a legal tow in the state of Tennessee, or more specifically, Knoxville, TN. The scenario is as follows: I live at this apartment complex and everybody has stickers associated with their vehicles. I got in an accident earlier in the day and had to get a rental. I did not tell my apartment complex that I got the rental (was closed and was going to do it the next day, but that's irrelevant) and parked in my normal spot (we are not designated spots either, it's free for all as long as you live here). I wake up this morning and was going to put my bags in my car to only discover it missing. I go and talk to the manager and she had no say in the towing of said vehicle and just gave me the number for the wrecker service. I went and asked for documentation of the tow and they said that they "had a contract" with the apartment complex. I paid the fee and realized that they towed my car at 3:00AM which means that they could not have gotten written authorization for the tow, which to my understanding, is needed for every tow as TN does not give blanket authorization.

I was wondering if there is a case here and how to proceed. I contacted the Knoxville Bar Association about a referral and they are looking over my statement now, but any advice here would be wonderful.

I know there are parts of the code such as TCA 55-16-112, but I don't know if it is possible they have a legal right to do what they did.


Towing: What Authorization is Required Before Towing from Private Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire