lundi 29 août 2016

Disputing Debts: Can Ex-Wife List Dad As Responsible for Medical Bills

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: KS

My husband's ex-wife lists my husband as the financially responsible party every time she takes their son to a doctor, dentist, etc. Their divorce agreement says that he must carry insurance for the son (he does; and it's good insurance), that he pay a substantial child support payment (he does, always), and that she is responsible for medical out-of-pocket and co-pays. Is she allowed to disregard the divorce agreement and list him as financially responsible? According to the medical office and the bill collector they've hired, she can list anyone she wants and they are entitled to come after him for payment. How can this be right? The unpaid bills are now substantial (close to $1000), but aren't that much more than one month's child support. So my questions are : 1) is she legally allowed to list someone as financially responsible without their consent? 2) Is the medical clinic and bill collector required to desist from putting this to his charge (destroying his outstanding credit record) and contact her for payment once we tell them that she is legally required to pay these bills? 3) How do we fix this problem? Talking to her isn't going to work, obviously. It may be worth noting that she has never in the 8 years I've been around, shared ANY medical information (I contacted the allergy clinic and got the needed information to provide the medications he needed at school myself - thankfully, the clinic WAS willing to help me with that), educational information, or anything else that requires any decision, with my husband in spite of their having joint custody. She is singularly uncooperative about complying with a number of very specific details in their formal parenting agreement and has backed out on informal but very important agreements we've made about education and other issues after getting what she wanted from us (for example : my driving several hours per week for several years during elementary and middle school to take him across town to the school she wanted him in, then backing out on allowing him in return to attend HS near us (in one of the best schools in the state) - and constantly asking me to again drive him across town to attend one of the worst high schools in the area - she's willing to leave him stranded if I don't comply). Mom has convinced son that his friends near us "aren't really my friends; they're just people you make me go to church with" and so on. My husband feels there is no point in going to court as the court would always tend to side with the mom and it would just cost us a lot of money.


Disputing Debts: Can Ex-Wife List Dad As Responsible for Medical Bills

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire