lundi 29 août 2016

Service and Repair: Car Was Stolen from Outside of a Repair Shop

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CALIFORNIA

I dropped my car off after hours at a repair shop, parked it in the same spot as I always have and dropped my keys in the designated locked after hours drop box. I called the owner as soon as they opened the next morning and was informed that my vehicle was not on property and that their drop box had been broken in to. Filed reports with local law enforcement and my insurance carrier. Thank God I'm insured. The shop owner even after knowing my vehicle was stolen from their property failed to notify the police. Acted very surprised when they came to investigate.
I have been using this shop for all repairs on my vehicle and have never had an issue until now.
I requested copies of all work orders to submit to my insurance company and have been given the run around. Until this incident he had been very communicative and helpful.
Could the shop be held liable for the theft? As it was their drop box that was burglarized to gain entry to my vehicle?


Service and Repair: Car Was Stolen from Outside of a Repair Shop

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire