dimanche 28 août 2016

Adoption of Children: What Happens if a Father's Rights are Terminated for an Adoption With No Final Order

My question involves adoption law for the State of: va

A few years ago I found out I had a child with my ex who was married. We did a home DNA test and then she took me to court. The child was already 3 by the time we found out and the husband was already the established father. So we go to court and the mother and I both agreed to terminate my rights and have him adopt. Since they were married at the time he never fully adopted him. The court however DID grant our wishes and the husband and we signed a notorized paper of him accepting the rights and responsibilities. I still see my son but not as *dad*. It's hard but it's something I've came to terms with. Now here's the kicker. They got a divorce last year and she keeps crying to Me the husband told the judge he isn't his real father so he wants no parts in this. I don't know the truth just what she says. So is it true that the judge would leave my son with no legal father since I gave him my rights and he accepted? Like I said it was no formal adoption but they were married and he has his last name. Now I know I will never have any rights back to him and I am not asking if it can be overturned. I terminated my rights so he would be responsible. Child support insurance and custody but she is saying the judge isn't making him do any of that. Is that possible? Even though it was notorized by the court that he was the legal father


Adoption of Children: What Happens if a Father's Rights are Terminated for an Adoption With No Final Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire