lundi 29 août 2016

Grandparents and Third Parties: Help

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Ohio
I am a young mother of a 5 month old boy. Currently I am homeless. When I became homeless I signed a Power of Attorney to my mother until I could get on my feet. My mother refuses to let me see my son alone or take him for an overnight visit when I stay in motels. My mom has told me that in order to get my son back that I must go through extensive therapy. (CPS never told me that that was a requirement). My husband (the sons father) was also homeless but my mother allowed him to live there with my son and see him on a regular basis. My husband is getting a home in 2 months and my mother says if I live with him and take extensive therapy that she will give me my son back but not until then. After I signed the power of attorney she signed papers to grant herself physical custody of my son. My question is, what exactly do I need to do legally to get him back? If I'm established and in housing am I allowed to just go and take him? When I signed the power of attorney CPS told me I could go and take my son and cancel the POA but now that she has physical custody, is that still true? I've called my caseworker but he never answers. I just want my son back :'(


Grandparents and Third Parties: Help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire