mercredi 31 août 2016

Job Duties: Forced Job Change with Lower Pay - Take It or Resign

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

Hello and thank you for reviewing this post. i am a technologist who has been in the IT industry for almost 17 years.

On Monday the 29th, i was pulled into a meeting with upper management and Human Resources and was offered a job beneath my current title and with lesser pay. They gave their reasons as to why my skills are better suited for a lesser position and that it would be good. If i take the opportunity it would damage my resume and career going forward into the future and i cant afford to do that to myself. i am content on collecting UI benefits for a few weeks until i find something else but i feel i am being shafted...and hard.

Today i sat down with HR and discussed what my options were and i was told that the new opportunity was a "transfer" and not a termination if i don't accept it. i was encouraged to resign if i did not want to accept this opportunity. Something doesn't sound right to me about that.

I believe they still want to hold me for any missing knowledge gaps to the new guy they would hire but this is hearsay.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Jersey John (who lives in Cali)


Job Duties: Forced Job Change with Lower Pay - Take It or Resign

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire