mardi 30 août 2016

Medical Malpractice: Hep B Vaccine and Arthritis

My question involves malpractice in the state of: NJ

I am not sure if I picked the correct topic but hopefully someone can guide me if I did.

11 years ago I decided to go to school for medical assisting. After completion, students are required to do an "externship", however, before I could start the externship the school required me to get a Hep B Vaccination, which I did. About a week later I developed RA, which I did not know, I just had an excruciating amount of pain in my shoulders, which is where it started. For the longest time my doctors could not figure out what was wrong. They weren't doing the proper blood test on me so I found a more competent doctor after 8 months of getting no where with the 1st doctor. The 2nd doctor found out what was wrong and we began treatment for RA and I found a rheumatologist. I started researching causes of Arthritis in young adults out of nowhere but there was nothing specific. Here it is 11 years later and no one can explain to me how a healthy 22 year old just ended up with arthritis. There is no immediate family history of RA. My parents do not have it and my grandparents never had it either. I found the paper that stated the vaccine was Hep B. I researched Hep B vaccine and RA and found out that a person can develop RA after having this vaccine.

My question is can I sue the school or the medical office that gave me the vaccine even though I did not know the Hep B vaccine was the possible cause of my RA at the time?

This has made my life extremely difficult. I lost my job in 2009 because I had to go out on disability for longer then my job was protected. I was denied for months to receive SSD because of this. I had to move myself and my daughter back in with my parents.

The medications that have been prescribed to me for the RA have not worked, so I am still suffering from the RA.


Medical Malpractice: Hep B Vaccine and Arthritis

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire