lundi 29 août 2016

Towing: Legal Requirement to Warn Resident of Apartment Prior to Towing (FL)

I live in Florida, and my wife is a Mississippi resident. I drive a van that is registered to her, and has Mississippi plates.

Recently, the van failed to start. It's a 2003 with 250,000 miles on it ... so I'm understandably hesitant to drag it down to the shop. I'm in the process of trying to get a copy of the title so I can sell it or junk it. This involves a bit of a wait period due to the fact that my wife will spend 2-3 weeks working in Mississippi, then return to Florida for 2-3 weeks, and the title was still in Mississippi.

My daughter told me today that a maintenance worker with the apartment complex told her they were going to tow the van. I'm going to go explain the circumstance to them, but I was a little taken aback. The van is registered with the complex, there's no warning sticker on the van, and I haven't received any written notice. I was just surprised they wouldn't come talk to me about it or call me ... instead, it was just a passing comment to my middle school child.

Is there any requirement to notify someone before you tow a vehicle that is otherwise legally parked?


Towing: Legal Requirement to Warn Resident of Apartment Prior to Towing (FL)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire