mardi 30 août 2016

Guardianship: 3rd Party Voluntary Guardianship to Non Related Family

My question involves a person located in the state of: ILLINOIS, Will County

I was a court appointed special advocate CASA for 5+ years. One of the kids on my caseload (now 22 and a mom of 2) is still a VERY large part of my life. She's going to Japan (to marry a military member) and wants the children left stateside with me for special education purposes.

They're 2 and 3. I've been a part of their lives since birth and they've all been living with me the last month. Moms willing to turn custody/guardianship over to me voluntarily so I can make choices education, medical, moving (possibly back to FL in new year), applying for passports (so we can visit mom), vacations, get them WIC, draw VA benefits, etc..

There are no other family options that will allow the children to be kept together and safe and the father (on birth certificate from Indiana but they were never married) his local is unknown and last heard he's no longer just addicted to marijuana but also crystal meth and possibly crack and admitted he's now homeless.

The kids have a bedroom, toddler beds, safe secure home etc with me. We have a VERY tight bond and they call me grandma. I introduce their mom as my daughter and them as my grandchildren and always have since she turned 18.

What kind of guardianship do we need to file for? We need the kids to be able to acess my VA benefits as well.


Guardianship: 3rd Party Voluntary Guardianship to Non Related Family

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire