mercredi 31 août 2016

Social Security Issues: Right

Hello I just turned 64 and am looking at starting Social Security now while working due to some high medical bills.

I currently make about 31k a year and was under the impression that anything over the $15,xxx amount would be given up at a 2 to 1 dollar amount. To use round figures me making 30k would be about 15k over so i would lose half of that being $7500 given up. My payment from SS now is $2100 a month so it would go to about $1500 while i am still working.

I thought to call before i filed online to start collecting and explained this to the lady and she said to me that no, i would not get any SS payments for the first full year if i continued to work and make my 31k per year.

She said something about a 1 year grace period but from what i am reading i still only show that i would be penalized as i explained above.

Just looking for some info from someone who knows more about this than me. The lady i spoke to may be correct but didn't see very confident in her answer and just want to make sure.

Thanks for the help!


Social Security Issues: Right

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire