mercredi 24 janvier 2018

Small Claims Appeal Trial De Novo California

My question involves court procedures for the state of: California. I lost small claims for $10K and want to file appeal. I bought a house and my boyfriend gifted me a small part of the money to purchase. Later on when the relationship did not work out he decided he wanted his money back and sued me claiming it was a business agreement and not a gift. There was no written business agreement or gift letter. My word against his. Only thing he had was bank statement with a withdraw slip matching the amount he deposited into escrow. Escrow papers say all money was provided by me. On basis of this judge awarded him the money. Should I appeal based on he did not meet burden of proof to provide written business agreement ?


Small Claims Appeal Trial De Novo California

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire