jeudi 25 janvier 2018

Parent Deceased, Bank Beneficiary Q

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: FL

Dad passed away in FL. He has two bank accts. Bank #1 has no beneficiary; bank #2 does. It is not me, and I have no idea who it is.

I get the probate from the court, which instructs both banks to disburse the funds to my father's trust. After sending in the requested ppwk, I get a check from bank #1, made out to my father's trust. I then deposit that check.

How does it work with bank #2? If the court is telling the bank to disburse the funds to my father's trust, will they send me a check made out to my father's trust, which I then have to send to the beneficiary? Or, does the bank just send the money to the beneficiary directly? I get what 'beneficiary' is, but if they do that, isn't that in violation of the court order, which again, clearly instructs both banks to disburse the funds to my father's trust, with no mention of a beneficiary?

How is this supposed to work? Thanks!


Parent Deceased, Bank Beneficiary Q

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire