vendredi 26 janvier 2018

Homeowners Associations: Can an HOA Restrict What I Do in My Own Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: California

The CC&R of my HOA says:

"No condominium shall be occupied and used except for residential purposes by the owners, their tenants, and social guests, and no trade or business shall be conducted therein, except that Declarant, its successors or assigns, may use any unit or units in the project owned by a Declarant for a model home site or sites and display and sales office during construction and until the last unit is sold by Declarant, or until three (3) years from the date of closing of the first sale in the latest annexed phase of the project, whichever occurs first."

As for the "no trade" part, that seems as if it would preclude me from hiring a cleaner or other maintenance worker and paying them on the premises.

Does it mean I can't sell something from my home via Ebay?

Does it mean I can't make a painting in my home and sell it at an art exhibit? What if I make a painting at home and sell it to a guest who visits my house?

What if someone living in my home is a consultant (has their own consulting company) for XYZ company rather than a direct employee. Does it mean they can't do any work from home?

Does an HOA actually have the authority to dictate what I do inside my own home?

Thanks in advance to those who can contribute to this.


Homeowners Associations: Can an HOA Restrict What I Do in My Own Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire