lundi 29 janvier 2018

Layoffs and Reductions in Force Signing a Severance Agreement

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: MN

I encountered discrimination at work, but faced much increased retaliation upon reporting them to HR. My performance had been excellent before reporting and satisfactory after reporting. I was laid-off subsequently and offered severance if I waive my Title 7 rights. My employment has been at-will. I consulted one Attorney who advised I must not sign it and live on unemployment instead. However EEOC told me that signing it does not affect my rights, the only caveat being that should there be a settlement, in that event I would need to account for that money.

I am currently in financial turmoil and dont know whom to listen?


Layoffs and Reductions in Force Signing a Severance Agreement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire