lundi 29 janvier 2018

Real Id Driver's License Issues

My question involves name change laws in the State of: Florida

I have an unusual situation although I'm probably not the first to have this particular issue. I've had a driver's license for 50 years and it's shown my "married" name for more than 40 years though I was never legally married. I've been licensed in both the state of Florida and Kentucky and my husband and I assumed we had a common law marriage. Upon his death in 2015 I found it was not so and it has caused several problems. I was living in KY and moved back to Florida and when I went to get a FL license was told I'd have to have a certified marriage certificate to get a FL license which of course I don't have. My KY license does not expire until July 2018 so I've continued to drive using it. My question is: is there any way I can continue to have a valid license in either state and what do I need to do? I even had a passport showing that married name but it was many years ago and I no longer have it. This has been a huge worry as I desperately need a license and I feel completely innocent and July is looming. Thanks for any advice.


Real Id Driver's License Issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire