mercredi 31 janvier 2018

Determination of Fault: Illegal Backing Citation

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Texas

I was backing out of my parking space at the hair salon parking lot, I doubled checked my surroundings to make sure it was safe to back out, which it was. I proceeded to back out slowly while keeping an eye for coming vehicles when all of the sudden I feel my car get stopped. As I was already ¾ out of the parking spot a car tried to pass me over so quick and we collided. It was a minor collision as I was safely backing out, only a scratch was made on my bumper. I tried calling the non emergency number but they refused to dispatch an officer. After my attempt, the passenger from the other party attempted and was able to get an officer dispatched. While we where waiting, the other party’s passenger approached me and tried to accuse me of being on my cell phone, as to why the collision happened. I let him know I was not indeed on my phone and I don’t appreciate him making false accusations only because I am young. Upon the officer arriving, he asked me as to why we needed him dispatched and I informed him we where having a disagreement on how the incident occurred. He proceeded to state “I can already tell you it was your fault. Cars that are backing out never have the right of way and need to be aware of their surroundings. You did not have the right of way.” He did not even ask how everything happened. Asked for my ID and insurance. He ended up citing the other party for no insurance or ID. AND cited me for “Illegal backing.” Did not even mention how it is also the reasonability of the other party to watch out for backing out vehicles. How do I go about challenging this citation since he just issued it due to statistics, and not on how the accident occurred.


Determination of Fault: Illegal Backing Citation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire