mercredi 31 janvier 2018

Discrimination: Where to Report Workplace Discrimination Issues

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: MN
I know of the Department of Human Rights - a MN State Agency, as well of EEOC - a federal agency that handle discrimination issues (like age, race, sex, color etc).
a. Can I file with multiple agencies or must choose one?
b. I am no longer employed with the employer, do I continue to answer employers questions? or I politely ask them that since now I have filed an external complaint, I should not be discussing on this particular issue with them anymore.
c. During a recent interview I had for another position with the same employer, the hiring manager asked me twice about my goals as to how I see myself in next 1-3 years.
I told them that I want to do this job well and just have a good time doing it. The hiring manager then told me that he talked with HR and he was told that I am interested in the next grade up (a one step higher than the job I was interviewing), and this role has no promotional opportunities. I felt embarrassed and while did a face-saving response, though it bugged me why HR would tell a hiring manager this thing - while it being true (my original discrimination complaint with them was a denial of promotion) though it is not something I want to share with a hiring manager and right during an interview. I did view it as un-ethical on part of HR, but is it unlawful?


Discrimination: Where to Report Workplace Discrimination Issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire