lundi 29 janvier 2018

Civil Rights Issues: Fourth Amendment Violation

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Michigan

I am represented by an attorney, I just am a little nervous still.

I was served with a warrant to search my home and garage for specific items.

I immediately surrendered the items, and they are listed in the police report as being found in the entryway.

In the meantime, the officers searched the upstairs of my home, in spite of having found all the items listed on the warrant. Up there they found a firearm registered to my wife, that predates our relationship. I am a convicted felon however.

They found no additional related items to their warrant. I was not in the home at all at the time, so office safety wasn't really an issue. The firearm was not in plain view from anywhere.

Do I have a good argument to suppress this evidence?


Civil Rights Issues: Fourth Amendment Violation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire