jeudi 25 janvier 2018

Disabilities and Accommodation: Clarification Needed Re: Esa and Alterations

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Tennessee

I rent an apartment which does allow pets. I do not currently have a pet, but am possibly going to be prescribed an emotional support animal.

I understand that this will waive my pet deposit fee, however I'd prefer to get a cat and the lease stipulates that cats must be declawed.

I am totally against this practice and will NEVER adopt a kitten or cat and take it to be declawed myself. And in addition I am nervous about a declawed cat in my home due to the fact that many of these cats have behavior issues, and many do litter avoidance since it is so painful for them to use their paws. In fact in my search for an already declawed cat in shelters I have found many that were owner surrenders because of this. I do not want the cat doing its business all over the carpet and such.

Since the law states that a landlord may not require any alterations that do not pertain to my disability, is it legal for them to require me to declaw a cat that I've adopted if he/she isn't already declawed?


Disabilities and Accommodation: Clarification Needed Re: Esa and Alterations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire