lundi 29 janvier 2018

Compensation and Overtime: Can Timesheets Expire

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Michigan

I have a company where my employees are required to use a phone system to clock in and out of work. Their time stamps flows into payroll so that I can ensure they are paid properly.

As great as technology is, it sometimes doesn't work or my staff forgets to use it.

As a back-up I created a "one-time use paper timesheet" that my staff can fill out and return in order to receive payment. The problem I'm running into is my staff will sometimes hold onto this paper timesheet for weeks or months before turning it in. It really throws everything off when this happens.

My question is, can I legally set an expiration date on the "one-time use paper timesheet" when I issue it to a staff member? If the answer is yes, and the staff member turns the "one-time paper timesheet" in late, am I legally obligated to pay them? Also, if I can set an expiration date, are there rules on what time span is allowable? i.e. expires in 1 week from the date issued


Compensation and Overtime: Can Timesheets Expire

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire