dimanche 28 janvier 2018

Is It Legal to Rent Out a Windowless Room

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: West Virginia

In September I was in desperate need to find a last minute apartment near my school. On Craigslist I came in contact with a girl who had a bedroom available at an affordable rate, $375/month with most utilities included. I toured the apartment and it was nice enough and the location was great so I went ahead and signed the lease. Fast forward 5 months and I am going insane over not having windows. I'm constantly sleeping in because there is no vitamin D coming into my bedroom. My mood is consistently down and really, it's very much like having seasonal depression all of the time. The apartment itself is pretty small so it's not very easy for me to have privacy if I'm not in my bedroom.
I know that it is illegal to rent out a bedroom without windows for the most part but I have two concerns on my part:

Since I saw the room before signing the lease, does that make it okay for the landlord to rent it to me?

My bedroom door opens right next to the main apartment door, does that mess with the legality as well?

Overall, I'm just wondering how hard it would be to get out of the lease and if it's possible, what can I say to my landlord to do so without loosing my deposit or facing a lawsuit on me?


Is It Legal to Rent Out a Windowless Room

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire