dimanche 30 août 2015

Warranties: Used Vehicle Purchase, Significant Mech Issue, 30 Day Warranty

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: MA

Timeline thus far:
Aug 19 Purchased $11,000 truck from Massachusetts licensed used vehicle dealer .
Aug 20 Registered at Motor Vehicle Dept.
Aug 24 Noticed issue with transmission after extended drive (1 hour each way) and approximately 300 miles since purchase, dropped at manufacturer dealership (Nissan) and notified used dealer (seller).
Aug 25 Picked vehicle up at Nissan dealer, service department diagnosed and confirmed faulty transmission, received printed quote for necessary repair.
Aug 25 Delivered copy of repair order to dealer (seller) representative and explained issue, awaited owner/manager's return on Thu.
Aug 28 Visited owner and explained issue in terms of (paraphrased) "I can afford/am able to fix minor issues and understand I purchased a used car at a fair price- but this is a significant repair I cannot manage alone. I will await your decision to repair or refund on Monday after your inspection of vehicle."
Aug 31 Planning to contact MA Atty General/Used Car Dept for additional advice

This purchase did include a 30 day/1250 mile warranty (MA dealers cannot sell a vehicle AS IS), signed by both parties (seller and buyer), with a $100 deductible. I've been very calm and understanding when talking to dealer about issue, open to either repair or refund without mentioning my inability to drive the vehicle and investing ~$300 in detailing, Nissan diagnostics, registration and a refundable sales tax of $700. I can tell the seller is becoming defensive/standoffish. My understanding of MA dealer regulation says that I am covered- vehicle needs to be repaired or my refund processed.

This is a link to the MA Consumer Guide/Used Vehicle Warranty Law. I am really looking for confirmation and/or additional advice from those more experienced than I am. I do appreciate any input and would like to express my thanks in advance.


Warranties: Used Vehicle Purchase, Significant Mech Issue, 30 Day Warranty

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire