lundi 31 août 2015

State Taxes: Do States Offer Foreign Earned Income Exclusions

My question involves tax law for the state of: North Carolina and Ohio

I'm currently a student in Ohio who has kept my permanent residence in North Carolina for the duration of my stay (I vote in NC, I pay income taxes to NC, my driver's license says NC, I don't have a car registered in OH, etc.). However, starting from the middle of October or so, I will be in Luxembourg working on my doctorate for about three years. Because of when I'm leaving, I figured I should get all of my income tax stuff in order to avoid any nasty tax headaches come April.

The big question in my planning, though, is this: do Ohio and NC recognize the foreign earned income exclusion that the federal government does? My research suggests yes, but I don't want to make a costly mistake in assuming that such is the case.


State Taxes: Do States Offer Foreign Earned Income Exclusions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire