vendredi 28 août 2015

Modification of Custody: What to Do for an Emergency Custody Hearing

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas

So this is my issue I am having, two years ago my daughters father took her from me. We resided in the state of Ohio and he took her to Illinois, the police in Ohio could not press kidnapping charges on him due to the fact that by technicality nobody had custody of her because I never went through the courts to obtain custody, which I never knew I had to do. Cincinnati police department could only file interference with custody warrant on him. While in IL he went through the courts and told them he didn't know where I was and they made him put a legal notice in the newspaper which apparently he did that but in newspapers in IL. So of course I knew nothing about said court date and they granted him automatic custody. Now two years later I get a call from his family saying I needed to come to TX because he got arrested for assault against his cousin. While being arrested our daughter told police that he dad beats on her all the time, so then the next steps were being made with cps getting involved. I made it down here a couple days after getting the call and when I got here we took my daughter to the hospital which there she made an outcry of her father touching her in her private area and more about physical abuse. He is now being charged with two assault charges, aggravated sexual assault, and injury to a child. Cps is involved and isn't really helping matters none basically just giving us the go around. The caseworker said she is to stay with his aunt until I gain custody because that is where he left her but from what I was told from the Attorney Generals office today is that Cps is the ones who could place her in my care. I have since all this started at the begining of Aug. moved down here to TX to try and get custody of my daughter. I cannot get in touch with legal aide for assistance and also haven't been able to find a lawyer willing to help either. I don't have the money to obtain a lawyer and I guess just need some advice on what I should do. I feel like I keep getting the go around from everyone, I filled out a form through the Attorney Generals office which was a possession of child type form.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated or point me in the right direction.
Thank you


Modification of Custody: What to Do for an Emergency Custody Hearing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire