dimanche 30 août 2015

Speeding Tickets: Wrong Car Stopped - Can Receipt Timestamps Be Used As a Defense

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida

Hello Everyone,


I was issued a ticket for going over 30 mph over the speed limit (over 100mph) on Aligator Alley/ i-75.

I was not going this speed or anywhere close to it. I can only assume that the Radar picked up a different car.
  • I have a time stamped receipt from a gas station and the first toll plaza.
  • Google maps estimates the time from the gas station to the toll plaza as 18 to 20 minutes, my receipts show I took 19.
  • Taking into account the distance between between the toll plaza and mm indicated on the ticket, as well as the time difference, my avg. speed from the toll plaza to where I was ticketed was about 3 over.
  • If it makes a difference, my record for the past ten years is clean


Does this constitute a good defense or is this hopeless? At this speed a court appearance is mandated either way, I would just like to know if I have a legal leg to stand on.

Thank you in advance for any time and help that you may be able to offer.


Speeding Tickets: Wrong Car Stopped - Can Receipt Timestamps Be Used As a Defense

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire