lundi 31 août 2015

Sales Agreements: If the Dealership Collected the Wrong Tax Do I Owe the Difference

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CT/NY

I live in CT and purchased a car in NY. It was a pretty terrible experience.

After my temp plates expired, I called the dealership to find out why I had no plates or registration yet. Once I was able to actually get ahold of them, they responded that they collected the wrong sales tax of 6% and that it was supposed to be 7.85%. They said CT does not update them very fast on tax changes and that I would need to pay the difference.

CT sales tax was 6% in 2010 or something. It's now 6.35% and cars over 50k are 7.85% or something. They made a dumb mistake, did not notify me about it, I had to contact them after my temp expired, and then they lied about why it happened.

Now they have my plates and registration and want me to come up with another $1000 to pay them.

Do I owe them this money? I have a fully executed contract. I even apparently payed them $75 for this terrible service. They have my license plates and registration.

They have threatened legal or collections action.


Sales Agreements: If the Dealership Collected the Wrong Tax Do I Owe the Difference

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire