lundi 31 août 2015

Criminal Records: Went to Court, No Charges, Should I Pay Civil Demand

My question involves criminal records for the state of: NJ

A couple years ago I was called into the office at my retail job by loss prevention. They had records of me changing the prices of clothing to buy. I signed a paper to the company apologizing for it and they did not tell me what else would happen. A few days later i was arrested at my other job in the same mall and i was brought to the local police station. I was charged with minor shoplifting (or something like that) It was under $150. I got a public defender and after 3 times in court, no loss prevention or anyone else from the company showed up. So the case was dropped. I was sent letters to pay around for the clothing that I had changed the pricing for. I paid 1 payment of $25 but stopped after that. this was alms 3 years ago. They haven't sent me letters or anything until a random phone call I received today but did not answer.
Does anyone think this means I'm being sued?
Or are they just randomly harassing me for money?
Im scared to pay if it is a civil demand because I don't want to go on my record for future jobs.


Criminal Records: Went to Court, No Charges, Should I Pay Civil Demand

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire