vendredi 28 août 2015

Traffic Accidents: Unprotected Left Turn (Person Making the Turn)

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Texas

Hi, I would love some advice on this as I feel as though I shouldn't be at fault in the least and now the person who hit me is making claims that she was injured in the wreck.

I was in the left lane of a 2 lane street making a left turn at an intersection. Turn signal on, seatbelt on, etc. I was about a car length into the intersection as I thought I was about to make the turn because there was a decent opening. I refrained from doing and was stuck in the intersection (the car behind me had moved up). The light turns yellow, so I let a few cars run through the yellow light. I see a clear opening to turn, so I do so. As I'm making my turn, the oncoming car (in the right lane on the two lane street) slams on her accelerator to try and beat the light (it was turning red as she entered the intersection) and without touching her brakes, slams into my rear passenger door. I spin about 100 degrees and hit the car opposite the lane I was attempting to turn into causing damage to my rear driver side bumper and the front bumper of the car I hit.

Do I have any chance of moving some liability away from myself? At the scene she had said she had just had a wreck a few weeks prior and had a neck injury from that. Now she's claiming that she was injured in the wreck. The speed limit on that particular street is 30 mph and she was probably going 40 when she hit me. This whole situation is blowing my mind and I don't understand how I am so "at fault" when I did everything right on my end (yield to oncoming traffic, make turn when it felt safe to do so, etc).

Here are some pictures that I took at the scene.

http://ift.tt/1JqZvW3


Traffic Accidents: Unprotected Left Turn (Person Making the Turn)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire