samedi 29 août 2015

Police Conduct: Appropriate to Record Telephone Invterview with Investigating Lieu

My question involves police conduct in the State of: IL

Next week I will be receiving phone contact from the head Lieutenant of a police agency in a different state, to report a malicious assault to the groin, from a an ex-GF. I was hospitalized for this attack. Only issue is that I was presently under investigation by the same agency for a major crime during the time of the assault, and my defense lawyer suggested I have ZERO contact with law enforcement. Therefore, the crime was not reported until the investigation wrapped up about a year later, and nearly all charges were dropped. A large amount of money and resources were spent on this investigation, and the agency really does not like me and I've faced a huge amount of friction in my present attempts to report the assault, thus resulting in the Lieu taking over my case.... My fear, paranoid or not, is that my statements could be manipulated against me by the agency out of spite, and the whole situation could backfire on me resulting in charges against myself instead. My question is, in a sensitive situation such as this, would it be appropriate for me to ask the Lieu's permission to record the telephone conversation so that I can ensure the conversation is documented on both ends, just to cover my bases? Any thoughts? Strange situation, I know.


Police Conduct: Appropriate to Record Telephone Invterview with Investigating Lieu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire