vendredi 28 août 2015

Custody and Visitation Issues: Legal but Not Biological Father Visitation/Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Michigan

My ex husband is on my son's birth certificate due to the fact we were still married when i became pregnant, therefore he is my sons legal father (not by my choice) I receive medicaid for my son so the state after almost 2 years has filed child support papers against him, since my son's birth I have asked my worker more then once if there was anything DHS could do to help me with getting my ex's name off my son's birth certificate so his biological father could be put on it, she told me no each time i asked, so now that the state forced me to sign the paperwork to receive support from my ex husband or loose my son's medical benefits i was left with no choice but to sign, when the pros attys office put all the paperwork through the courts they issued my ex husband 52 nights/yr visitation plus joint custody, with myself having physical custody, i dont want the child support hes not my son's father all I want is him off my childs birth certificate, my ex husband has never met my son, is an abusive alcoholic, is in no way stable..ie home, job,vehicle, no stability what so ever, lives approx 100 miles away from my home and i am deathly afraid he would abuse my son if he were to ever have contact with him, I have filed an objection to the custody/visitation parts of the court order child support & have a referee hearing in a couple of weeks and im afraid because hes legally his father and I cant drop the child support part of the court order that he will fight me because he told me "well if i have to pay child support on a kid thats not mine then i want visitaion" given all of this information what are my chances of him getting visitation/joint custody after this hearing? and is there anything my son's father can do? clearly it would not be in my son's best interest to be ripped out of the home he shares with both his parents and be forced to be with a man as described & has never even met...


Custody and Visitation Issues: Legal but Not Biological Father Visitation/Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire