samedi 29 août 2015

Service and Repair: Dealer Dropped Truck Off Lift. Options

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New Jersey

2015 Silverado 2500 with 8500 miles on it was in for routine oil change (which is complimentary for first two years of trucks life)

Dropped the truck off the night before the scheduled service. Get a call the next morning from service department secretary saying there was an incident and the truck had fallen off of the lift in the shop. She says there is minor damage to the passenger rocker panel and box but the truck was road tested and safe to drive. The assistant service manager told us he wants to "do good by us" and get the truck repaired without insurance so that it wouldn't show up on carfax.

Since I thought that was sketchy, I said no and took it to a third party shop for inspection. After inspection they notify me of more damage that dealer said. Cracked tail light, damaged suspension component and other scratches etc.
When I went back to dealer to inform him, be promptly denied the damage was possibly associated with the truck falling "only three feet" from the lift.

I'm just trying to figure out what my options are as far as if the dealer is responsible for more than just fixing my brand new truck that will lose significant resale value. The damage to the rocker/box are significant even pinching the passenger door closed. I know the truck will never look perfect again. Am I just SOL and have to accept it being repaired? Can I sue them for a replacement? And just have to mention, the dealer was not apologetic at all, I would have to describe them as defensive and rude about the entire thing
Thanks in advance


Service and Repair: Dealer Dropped Truck Off Lift. Options

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire