samedi 29 août 2015

Disputing Debts: How Long Does a Creditor Have to Sue a Debtor After a Demand Letter

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: New York

Hello, I'm new to this forum, have absolutely no knowledge of the law or protocol and am not sure I'm posting this in the correct area but my question is the shelf life on a demand notice. I was served with a demand letter drawn up by an attorney 3.5 years ago with only limited interaction since. I've been summoned for a preliminary conference with a judge early next month and wondered if, since it's been dragging on for so long with almost no interest on the plaintiffs part, I could ask for a dismissal. Would this be unwise or disrespectful to the court?

Thanks in advance


Disputing Debts: How Long Does a Creditor Have to Sue a Debtor After a Demand Letter

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire