vendredi 28 août 2015

Traffic Accidents: Ticket Ok

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Connecticut

Today I was involved in an accident in CT. It was nearing sundown and as such the sun was in my eyes, I was unable to see the car up ahead's brake lights and ended up rear ending them. My car looks trashed, while hers looked like it hasn't been touched. But on to the important part; upon arriving at the scene roughly 20 minutes later an officer issued me a ticket for following too closely. Neither I, nor the other driver told the officer I had been following too closely (I was about 3 car lengths back) and he was not at the scene of the accident as it occurred. My issue with this is that the ticket is based entirely on his assumption. When asking the officer about that his logic was that "the crash must've been because of something." I feel like if I go to court and fight the ticket I can get it dismissed, is this realistic? Would the argument "He was not at the scene of the accident, received no confession, and therefore should not have issued a ticket for that offense" be enough?

Thank you


Traffic Accidents: Ticket Ok

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire