vendredi 28 août 2015

Support Arrears: Social Security Disability and Arrears

My question involves child support in the State of: DE

I recently went to court to have child support modified & am confused about the outcome. My ex & I have joint custody but he has primary residency due to our daughters choice in schooling. I am on disability & our daughter receives benefits thru my disability claim which her father is the payee on as he is primary parent. My recent modification was to inform the court that he has been receiving these checks for a year and a half because he failed to notify them once he started receiving them. The court was taking 300$ (189$ for support & 111$ for arrears) plus he was receiving 611$ from social security disability as our daughters payee. When we went to court, the child enforcement agent said that I do not get credit for the 611$ that he had been receiving for the year and a half, but did reduce my payment from my disability check from 300$ to 111$ which is only for the arrears payments. My new obligated amount is for 172$ but is zeroed out due to my ex being the payee from my disability benefits for our daughter. I have two questions. First, why do I not receive credit for the payments he was getting directly from social security thru my disability claim? Second, why am I still paying for arrears out of my personal disability check? Shouldn't the extra 439$ he gets be credited towards my arrears since he still receives the whole 611$ check? I am very confused about this and any light someone could shed on this would be greatly appreciated.


Support Arrears: Social Security Disability and Arrears

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire