vendredi 28 juillet 2017

Texas Speeding in School Zone

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Texas

I live across from a school in an apartment complex. One day around 3pm I left my apartment and got on the road whose speed limit is 50mph. An officer pulled me over for going 44mph when the school zone was active at 30mph. My argument to him was that there was no sign visible or facing my apartment in any direction to tell me the time of the school zone or that the school zone is active. Any other entry from a neighborhood in this zone does have a sign or blinking lights to let them know the school zone is active. The officer just said well what time of day is it assuming I should have known the zone was active, which I thought to myself that's the reason there are signs/blinking, to remind us. So I'm contesting the ticket, so just curious what my chances are and what I should have ready for court as I am representing myself? As well as laws regarding needing visible signs to inform you that the school zone is active? I live in Galveston county if it helps.


Texas Speeding in School Zone

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire