vendredi 28 juillet 2017

Holding Over: 5 Days Notice for a Holdover

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: MN

Hi all,
My lease ended May 31, but I had a verbal agreement with the landlord to let me move out at the end of September. They've been cashing my monthly checks ever since.
The manager just told me I have to leave next week, since somebody rented it out, and we don't have anything in writing. He said he'd forgo the 3 extra days, so no rent for August, huuraay

1. I believe they should give me at least 30 days notice, even for a holdover since I did pay the rent. Am I correct?
http://ift.tt/2vg1Ftj
"Holdover Tenants
If there is no provision in the lease about what happens when the lease ends (for example, nothing is said about converting the tenancy to a month-to-month tenancy), the lease simply expires and the tenant becomes a “holdover tenant,” and the lease is renewed on a month-to-month basis.(136) Some leases in rural areas (outside of a city) are renewed for a full term. At this point, unless the landlord agrees to continue the tenancy or a new lease is signed, the landlord can start eviction proceedings at any time and without notice. (Click here for laws covering eviction.) However, once the landlord accepts a rent payment from the tenant after the tenancy term runs out, then the tenancy is automatically renewed for another rental period and it becomes a periodic (usually month-to-month) tenancy."

2. Just to cover me, should I send a certified letter to them? Should with my intent to vacate date be August 31st or Sep 30th?

3. I'm 100% sure I can't move by that deadline, what will they do to me?

4. Given how sleazy this guy is, what if he fakes a notice, in case we go to court?

THANKS SO MUCH!!!


Holding Over: 5 Days Notice for a Holdover

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire