lundi 31 juillet 2017

Rental Agreements: Forner Boyfriend Forged My Signature on Rental Agreement

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California
I moved out of rental apartment after my boyfriend kicked me out of our apartment. I have not lived in the apartment in over a year. He has had multiple roommates since I have moved out of the apartment. I recently found out that my name is still on the lease due the apartment complex calling me cause they could not get ahold of my former boyfriend. The new lease was renewed 1/1/17 of this year. I moved out in April of 2016 with lease was up in October 2016. He forged my signuture on the lease if you call it a signature (printed names only no actual signatures on the rental agreement). The apartment complex let him take home the lease agreement to sign. He has since sublet the apartment and moved out all together. My question is am I liable for any damages or rent on the rental unit since I have not lived in the unit for over a year and I did not sign the rental agreement. I also have a text message saying that he signed my name to the rental agreement. The apartment complex will also not release me from the rental agreement even though I never signed the new rental agreement until he can show proof of income of 2x the rent even though there is nothing in any of the documents that says tenants must show proof of income to 2x rental amount, there response was it doesn't have to say that anywhere in douments that was signed. All I want is to be released from the rental agreement and not be responsible for anything associated with the apartment since I have not lived there in over year. What are my options. I Need Help. Thanks.


Rental Agreements: Forner Boyfriend Forged My Signature on Rental Agreement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire