vendredi 28 juillet 2017

House Guest from Hell

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California. I am a renter and my landlord owns the home but lives here 2-3 days out of the week. She has a guest saying here until here visa is approved for China. This was supposed to be for only a month and we are now going into the 3rd month. Her guest has caused a lot of problems in the household and now I have things that have gone missing. None of us want this person in the home any longer but because California laws state that if a guest has been in the home more than 30 days they are now a legal resident whether or not their name is on the lease. Kicking her out could get us all sewed. My roommate also feels bad for her because she has no where to go. My roommates guest has also shown agreesion by forcefully holding my bathroom door open not allowing me to close it. I have stated that I am very uncomfortable with her house guest when no one is around and that my things are being taken. I feel like the only resolve is for me to leave my home in which I rent and my name is on the lease. If I need to do so who do I hold responsible? Also can I hold my landlord responsible for allowing this to continue? Yes I have proof she has taken items from me and out of my home without permission. She was dumb enough to leave a note.


House Guest from Hell

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire