dimanche 30 juillet 2017

Arrest Warrants: Out-of-State Arrest Warrant Issued After Missing a Court Date

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Kentucky

Hello,

Last summer I was arrested in Kentucky. I live in Arizona and had to fly out on two occasions in order to attend court dates in Kentucky.
On both occasions, the matter was not resolved and I was told I would be given another date to appear for a third time. Over the course of three months I contacted the courthouse multiples times, and thus have been displaying that I am trying to work with them to resolve this, and am not avoiding the issue. My court appointed attorney who I was originally working with at some point discontinued his services at this particular court, and so I was informed that I would be appointed a new one. I never received contact from the court or police department regarding a new court date, neither in the form of a letter nor a phone call. Nor was I ever contacted with any information on a newly appointed attorney.

Just today I received a call from somebody in Kentucky that I had been living with for the summer when the incident occurred. I was informed that police have showed up twice at the residence asking for information about me and/or my whereabouts. The words they used were apparently, "He's in big trouble." I have also received the news that I have a warrant out for my arrest.

I am kind of shaken about this, as I have made efforts to have this resolved and never received any updates on court dates, etc.

Can anybody share some wisdom on this matter? An opinion on the situation and what may come of this? Could a warrant in Kentucky be grounds for extradition from Arizona? If I contact the court and explain my situation, should I be expecting an unfavorable response considering that police are evidently extending themselves in Kentucky to locate me? I plan to contact the court first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance


Arrest Warrants: Out-of-State Arrest Warrant Issued After Missing a Court Date

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire