samedi 29 juillet 2017

Parking Permits Comfiscated Handicap Placard

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I had a problem with a meter maid yesterday that might resonate with some of you.
I was returning my 91 yo mother to the recuperation facility where she was staying. I parked right in front at a meter. Her handicap placard was in place on the mirror. The area said preferential parking at certain hours but no other restrictions.
Wife stayed outside at the car with the dog while I was inside. maybe 5 minutes or so. She calls me to say a meter maid asked for the handicap placard, took it and said she was taking it as she thought it was a fake. When I got there I was told the same story. I told her mom was inside it was her placard and I was legally transporting her. She said she didn't believe me. She didn't ask for the handicap placard registration card which I had in the car. The ticket was on the car for parking in a residential preferred parking zone with no permit and she was gone. By taking my placard she created a reason for the ticket. I now have a lot of difficulty visiting my mother without the placard which will take 4 weeks to replace. Sure I can probably get the citation dismissed but I think more should be done about this kind of thing. Is there a means of pursuing this legally? Isnt this theft? Parking is a major issue in Santa Monica and a good source of revenue for the city.


Parking Permits Comfiscated Handicap Placard

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire