dimanche 30 juillet 2017

Appeals: Procedures for Appealing to Correct a Ticket Error- Where Can I Find This

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA, county of Santa Cruz

I got a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign. I went to arraignment, and scheduled the court date five months later.
The CHP wrote the wrong location on the ticket (not a typo), yet failed to appeal to amend the ticket prior to the trial, and I received no notification prior to a change regarding the ticket.
During the beginning of the trial, the CHP appealed for a correction of the ticket. The judge was going to accept his appeal, yet I cannot see how this is legally acceptable after looking at the time to appeal code. I was issued a continuance of the trial due to this, and the appeal has not been accepted yet.

I need information regarding legal code to object this untimely appeal. I need some kind of code regarding ticket amendments, or something that can support my case. I have heard that amendments to tickets can only be made before the arraignment date.

Any help is greatly appreciated!


Appeals: Procedures for Appealing to Correct a Ticket Error- Where Can I Find This

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire