lundi 31 juillet 2017

Disorderly Conduct: Possible to Ask for Leniency Directly with the Da

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Hi long story short, I had a night out with the guys on a yearly trip to Big Bear and got a 647(f) walking home from the bar. I admit I deserved and thankfully I did not hurt myself anyone or resist arrest. I landed a 16hr stay at the sheriffs office and now have a court hearing in a month for 647(f).

I am getting counseling from a substance abuse counselor and def want to make things right. This is my first offense and do not plan on making this mistake ever again. However a misdemeanor charge is going to hurt me professionally because it can affect my chances of gaining employment should I want to move to another job. I just want to get this past me.

I read a few stories on forums such as this and found conflicting responses and found this forum to be a bit more popular so I was hoping to try my question here.

In a few posts on other legal forums an offender was advised to speak to the DA the morning he or she was arraigned to see about leniency. However, I see other posts with similar questions get shutdown immediately by other attorneys saying its a mistake do such a thing and that you WILL incriminate yourself.

So ill ask it here.....Is there anyway I can ask for leniency from the DA before the court date or before my actual arraignment time? What are my chances of turning this into an infraction? Does my counseling count (should I bring it up) and will it help me? This is all new to me so Im thankful for any assistance I can get and hope I conveyed this properly. I understand if the DA and I do not come to an agreement, I should say 'not guilty' and request time to talk to an attorney.....what if they do agree to leniency? How do I plea then? Is that considered still guilty?


Disorderly Conduct: Possible to Ask for Leniency Directly with the Da

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire