lundi 31 juillet 2017

Business Ownership: What New Business Arragement Should I Ask for

My question involves business law in the state of: Utah.

There is a small corporation that cleans things. It has one cleaning plant, and several store fronts. I got a job at one of the stores. My starting wage was hourly, then salry. My co-worker left, so I was the only worker, my hours increased.

The economy was poor, and so was business. The president was late paying for business license, and was charged a late fee. He chose to not pay for the license or the fee. He wanted to relinquish his business ownership of that store, so he gave it to me. I made the store legal. That included paying for a license, getting a fire extinguisher, making and posting an address sign, filling out forms.

The president transfered to me the business license for that store. A short contract was signed by the president and I. It says I am a sub-contractor, and get a percentage of the gross income. But it was rejected by the government licensing agency. A more detailed replacement contract was drafted, but I did not sign it. Somehow, the government sent a business license to me. After that, a detailed business partnership was never spelled out, or even discussed. He did not like to communicate much, and left everything to me. He often did not respond to messages. I was not allowed to give out his telephone number.

My job description increased slightly, to handle tax and license and such. I continued to get salry at the agreed percentage. I paid sales tax, he reimbursed me for that. I replaced the fixtures as needed, at my expense. He said the store smelled bad, but he did not give me permission to remove the old carpet. After arguing, he gave me permission, and I did.

The president died, and now his estate is going through the books. The estaste seems suprised that I own the store. Strange, I am now told that the president also paid sales tax.

Reciently, I was injured at work, and had to take a day off. One hundred dollars was deducted from my next paycheck.

I am now told that the corporation will pay sales tax, not me. And I am always told that the corporation wishes me to increase sales. I suspect they still want to close the store.

I fear that my health can not handle increased sales. And I can not afford to hire help. What is my status? Employee, contractor, business partner? How am I treated? What new business arragement should I ask for? Am I entitled to back pay?


Business Ownership: What New Business Arragement Should I Ask for

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire