lundi 31 juillet 2017

Drug Possession: Charged With Drug Possession After an Impaired Driving Arrest

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Ohio

Heres my situation -

I was pulled over "for crossing the mid lane" after being at the bar. Cop asked if I had been drinking and I told him yes. He told me he could either conduct a breathalyzer on me or I could do a field sobriety test. I went for the FST because I thought i'd fail the blow test. I thought I did everything perfectly but I was still booked for driving while impaired. I had a backpack on me that contained very small quantities of various drugs/paraphernalia. Of course at the station they decided to look through it and charged me with many crimes.

It was in a small municipality so they sent me to county jail. When I was initially arrested I was facing an OVI, paraphernalia, and a few other traffic violations.

At the time of arrest they took my license and said my license would be suspended for refusing the breathalyzer - despite them doing that test at the station and I blew a .05. However, I ultimately was only indicted on the felonies and 1st deg misdemeanor and am now in a diversion program since this is my first offense.

So my actual question is this: Have all those other charges like the OVI been thrown out or what? Because a week later I was able to go to the BMV and get a replacement license no problem. Then I get pulled over yesterday and apparently my license is suspended and have to go to court next week for driving with a suspended license... And on the ticket the box with the chemical tests (breath, urine, blood, refuse) none are checked and they didn't fill out the section for BAC. How can I be charged for this?

This is just a very confusing situation and I would like anyones input on it. Thanks!


Drug Possession: Charged With Drug Possession After an Impaired Driving Arrest

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire