vendredi 28 avril 2017

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Speeding Ticket in School Zone.sign Not Flashing

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New York

Good morning,

Yesterday I received a ticket for Speeding in a School zone. I was pulled over at approximately 7:10am and ticketed at 7:17am. The ticket cited me as going 33mph in a 20. As I passed the officer though who was sitting in a church parking lot next to the School, I glanced at my speed and I was going steady 25mph.

After passing the school zone a couple hundred feet ahead I see an officer has someone pulled over. I turn right as the traffic light turns green and see another person pulled over ahead a short distance. Immediately I'm pulled over. In the the next couple minutes another two people are pulled over. Seemed like a complete end of month money grab.

The School Speed limit sign says the speed limit is 20 when flashing. Yesterday (a school day) I hadn't noticed the sign flashing passing and returned within the hour to see the sign was not flashing. According to the town website, they are supposed to be active between 7:00am and 6:00pm. Today I passed by again at 7:15am and can definitively say that the lights were not on/flashing.

Furthermore I don't believe the officer was able to see the School Speed Zone sign to know if it was flashing or not. For perspective it was something like School Speed zone sign -> School-> House -> Church (officer in parking lot of church)

How can I prove my case? I feel like if I can prove that the School Speed zone sign isn't functioning properly I can get it dismissed. Any advice?


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Speeding Ticket in School Zone.sign Not Flashing

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire