mardi 25 avril 2017

Support Arrears: Closed Child Support Case with Arrears Still Eligible for Ss Disability Payments

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida

I wanted to know if me or my daughter would see any money from this situation.

Daughter is now 22 and not in college.
Child support case was closed at age of 18.
Child support case includes arrears of approx. $20k.
Child may have received $1k of child support over lifespan, $50 or $100 here and there.
Father is about to receive disability lump sum and disability payments.

Will me or my child see anything from this because the case has arrears? Or is it a lost cause because the case is now closed and my daughter is 22 years old now?

I don't think he applied before she was 18. He did apply some years ago and it was stalled and he is just receiving his first check.

I have never received any correspondence regarding this situation. The only thing I received last was a letter from child support saying she is no longer a minor and the case is now closed.


Support Arrears: Closed Child Support Case with Arrears Still Eligible for Ss Disability Payments

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire