dimanche 30 avril 2017

Moving Out: Landlord Did Not Schedule an Initial Walkthrough Despite Request

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California

I requested an initial inspection to be scheduled 2 weeks before my move out date. My landlady refused and said she only does the final walk though. In about 20 minutes I will be embraking upon that with her employee/realtor.

I've ready the civil code and DCA landlord tenant hand books, etc... It looks like since she denied that and did not provide the security deposit statute, that she is in violation and I am entitled to my entire security deposit.

As I understand it, once I receive the deposit back (whatever she gives me back) and the itemized list describing the deductions, I would need to first send a demand letter asking for the deposit, and if she does not, then I can file in small claims court?

What else should I know going into this? I have also read that if I get to small claims, I can sue for 3 times the deposit amount? (deposit and 2x more for damages).

This lady has been a nightmare and done many shady things. She seems to take advantage of the less fortunate while she resides in her mansion on a golf course. Several people who were shown the place while I still lived there were all section 8, I am not. I feel like she is a bottom feeder and now preying on section 8 people who maybe don't have as much leverage or resources to defend themselves.

I wobn't go into details about all the shady crap she did but I really don't feel that she should be able to keep any of my deposit. In fact, the move in walk though sheet was prefilled out and she emailed it to me. In any event, I just want my deposit back because I took great care of that dump and asked for an initial walk through so I would have the opportunity to fix anything.


Moving Out: Landlord Did Not Schedule an Initial Walkthrough Despite Request

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire