vendredi 28 avril 2017

Disputing Debts: Im I Responsible for Docs Office Late Claim Submission to Insurance Company

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: california
I received medical services in 12/2012, I received a bill from Doctors's office approximately 6 months after. I spoke to office manager and she said insurance company denied payment because it was not received within their 90 day submission time frame. Office manager said claim had been submitted within the time frame and that the doctors office seems to have this issue with this insurance company in which claims are not received. She told me they would not be pursing me for charges and if I can contact insurance company.
I called insurance company and they stated I'm not responsible.
I'm no longer a patient as of early 2017, and I receive a bill for the unpaid charges.
I continued to see this same doctor and was never asked to pay unpaid charges only until I left office. Office manager refuses to speak to me and the doctor advised me she doesn't handle billing.
I would like to know if doctors office have a statue of limitations on billing, if I'm responsible for charges, which would of been covered by my insurance company if only doctors office would of submitted claim in timely manner and/or if they would of submitted proof of doing so.

Thank you for your time


Disputing Debts: Im I Responsible for Docs Office Late Claim Submission to Insurance Company

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire