mardi 25 avril 2017

Probate Court Procedure: How to Transfer Title to a Deceased Person's Vehicle

Title transfer in the state of: PA

Hi.

My girlfriend died a month ago and he sister wants to transfer title to me. The title to her car is in her name only. Her sister is the administrator of the estate (no will). The sister wants to give me the car, and says she wants to sign my girlfriend's name to the title ( forgery ???) and then I can take the title to the DMV and transfer it into my name. The sister thinks this is totally legit, and says it is done all the time, and that she has actually already done it this way with a relative's car. Does her being the administrator for the estate make it OK? Also, the sister did not mention anything about a notary being involved, even though there is a field on the title for a notary seal.


I looked it up on the Pa DMV website, and yes, there are a lot of forms and a lot of fees to pay, if doing it the "standard" way (getting other heirs to sign off on the transfer, bringing death certificate to dmv, etc.)

My hope is that it is legal to do the title transfer this way, even though the Pa DMV website does not mention it.

Any comments????

Thanks


Probate Court Procedure: How to Transfer Title to a Deceased Person's Vehicle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire