jeudi 27 avril 2017

Modifying a Lease: Can I Create a Separate Addendum for Each Tenant

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Colorado

I own an investment property in Denver, CO that is currently occupied by 3 tenants who have all had some sort of falling out and as such want to terminate their lease early. The last thing I want is a houseful of people at each other's throats, so I have agreed to work with each tenant individually with respect to when that specific tenant will vacate and how much in prorated rent and fees they will be responsible for. Once everything is figured out, I will have to create an addendum to their current lease to spell it all out. Since none of them are on speaking terms and all of the agreements we could potentially arrive at could have drastically different terms, it feels like the right way to go about this is to create a separate addendum for each tenant. Is this advisable (or possibly problematic?) given the fact the original lease has all 3 of their names on it and refers to them collectively as "THE TENANT"?


Modifying a Lease: Can I Create a Separate Addendum for Each Tenant

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire